Today is Friday the 13th. It is also my birthday. I will be 26 this year, and 26 just happens to be 2*13. Just a little trivial piece of knowledge for you.

It's always been a little strange to have my birthday on July 13th. When I was a kid all of my friends were away on vacation and so I never had birthday parties. And I never got to bring cupcakes into school like all the other kids because school was always out on my birthday.

But there are a few interesting things associated with my birthday. For one, my date of birth is 7/13, 7 being one of the luckiest numbers and 13 being one of the most unluckiest. And I am also a cancer, which means my sign is named after two disease, crabs and cancer.

However, my favorite thing about my birthday is that there is almost always a thunderstorm. And I love thunderstorms!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This part written on the actual day, July 13th

Well, my first Friday the 13th birthday that I can remember has finally arrived. In my life I have always craved attention like no one else I know, but only the good kind of attention, not the bad kind. So today I am in heaven. So far I must have informed at least a dozen complete and total strangers that today is my birthday. I went to the DMV today, was there for about an hour, and jokingly tried to convince three or four people to trade numbers with me. No one bit though, considering they were now serving number 8 when I took my number 37! Ick! but the wait wasn't all that bad. It's funny how things that would normally bother you don't when you are in an extra good mood. When I got up to the counter and handed over my re-registration information I of course told the man that it was my birthday and asked for my birthday discount. I am sure that he didn't give me any such discount but I was very pleased with the total amount it cost me, I was expecting much more.

After the DMV I went to the bank to deposit my measely pay check. But even the small number written in big black letters and numbers didn't bother me today. Cos who the hell cares about money on your birthday? Today is my day off from all worries. When I pulled up to the drive through window the cutie pie teller at the window smiled and wished me happy birthday! It was so cool that he remembered :) Then I was off to spend the little money I made last week working at Starbucks. And where did I end up? Not at the bar like I would have wished. Not shopping for a new outfit....not at Media Play....but Monro Muffler. It's weird how my birthday has been so pleasant for me thus far yet writing this all out it looks horrible! Anyway, I walked right up to the counter and asked the guy if he could find time to look at my car, since it's my birthday and all :) And the woman next to me said, it's my birthday too! And of course that brought out the good ole 'They say it's your birthday...duuuhnanana nanannaa, well it's my birthday too ya!' song. Which reminds me, I need to get back to Monro so they can take a look at my car! But don't worry, I'll be sure to bore you with all the details of the rest of my day!!

And thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes! You're all so very sweet!!!