I am baffled as to why so many of the great guys that I know do not have girlfriends. This includes Kit Lo and my friend Chris and another E2er who shall not be named. My guess is that perhaps it's for the same reason that I have few girl friends: interesting women are hard to come by, uppity women are out in favor of patriarchally submissive women who believe they are liberated because they have careers and sleep around.

I wonder if there is a word for the feeling of a love missed, for someone you could have/nearly fell in love with? If there is I suspect it's French, like l'esprit d'escalier.

What I did today was have my yard sale. I sold $100 of stuff, which was good, but not good because I also got a message from the Mayflower agent, who said it's going to cost $3000 to move the contents of my 2-bedroom apartment. Ouch! And I spent part of the day with Chris, which was great but didn't make up for not having my SO here. (My nickname for him is Kai, so that's what I'm going to use from now on. :p)

Speaking of whom, I bought that journal today. It's by Flavia and has a beautiful Pre-Raphaelite painting on the cover. I hope I can fill it well.

Selling things and packing things stirs up old memories. My gaming stuff, teddy bears, art supplies, the old wax bamboo parasol I've had since forever. And my seventh grade GT teacher showed up, too. It was interesting to talk to her, and tell her about Stanford and all. With all that and Chris, it was quite the memory lane day.

Still no rainbow.