Four dimensional Pork Pies, Sunburns and Blisters

You have to hand it to The Debutante, but here's a woman with ambition, the stamina of elephant (although rather petite) and steely determination: herding 11 people more used to sit in front of computer screens through a warm and sunny day through the capital of Albion is a task I would not be able to perform as calm and non-fussy as she did.

The best girlfriend ever and myself only joined the crew at 15:30 on the north bank of the Millenium Bridge, and there were already signs of wear and tear: Wntrmute, Hazelnut and El Deb already sported impressive sun burns, there was some general slouching going on, but faced with an engineering dilemma as difficult as the Millenium Bridge brought out the best in every noder: there was general and synchronized hopping up and down and stopping traffic for pictures. From there on we transported ourselves to Hyde Park to rest under Prince Albert's enormous golden butt and discussed four dimensional porkpies. Unfortunately by that time it was already so late that my significant other and I had to leave to make it in time to the Was (not Was) gig. The crew accompanied us to Islington (lured by the high concentration of pubs and eateries), while Andrew_Aquecheek was sent to pick up lost noder DTal, who we unfortunately missed.

As ever, you couldn't wish for a more pleasant group of people to hang around with: Junkill's exuded buddhistic calm, Sam512 is pretty much the nicest person you could ever meet, Hazelnut continues to be the most articulate person I have ever met, Voltaireontoast performed marvellously on her first meet, BaronWR calmly spurted ironic witticisms, Andrew_Aquecheeck was able to rattle through the nation's monarchs with enviable ease, Dimview, looking the fittest of us all, gave the whole outfit the necessary gravitas, Wntrmute was his usual brillant and El Debs must be one hell of a teacher, being able to shoo this gaggle of personalities through the bowels of London.

It's been a blast. Thank you all for your company, and I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer. I tried to convince Was (not Was) to change the date, but to no avail.

H.