This past while, I have performed the usual greetings, FAQings, typo alerts, and occasional deletions. I don't find these worth listing, even in an "editor's log."

The break in the Spoon River Anthology and the chinging of my own write-up-- those may be marginally more interesting. The first should be noted because it involves the altering of a fled noder's write-up. The other seems to call for an explanation.

Back in '01, Chattering Magpie noded Edgar Lee Masters' Spoon River Anthology. While rereading the work here, I discovered a break in the project.

The movement through the poem-cycle stops at Franklin Jones. Another noder, yam, had already posted that piece at the site. Consequently, Mr. Jones' epitaph lacked the convenient

Francis Turner << --- >> John M. Church

of Chattering Magpie's postings. This creates a difficulty for anyone reading Spoon River here.

That has been addressed. I have otherwise left the noder's formatting untouched, so that Franklin Jones remains unique in the E2 edition of Spoon River.

If you're reading this at all, however, you likely don't care about the formatting to Spoon River Anthology. You might, possibly, be wondering about the fact that I gave a C! to my alter-ego in the Wordmongers' Masque.

Yeah, I'm actually noding about noding about noding.

TheDeadGuy's charming biography of Mantits Wikipedian inspired me to join DejaMorgana's quest. I was pleased with the responses received by the peevish Mr. Mantits. golFUR suggested Mantits was really Ignatius Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces. Cletus the Foetus creases asked to feel my hypothetical pendulous bosoms. bewilderbeast, poker-faced, argued over points of fabricated fact.

The write-up also received some chings, mainly from noders with whose writings Mantits takes issue.

This created a small dilemma. I was one of those noders. If I didn't ching, it might give people a clue as to my identity. If I did, I would be chinging myself, which I concede tacky.

I thought about it, and then I granted my C! when the write-up was already atop Cool User Picks! My action consequently called no additional attention to the write-up, and therefore had no effect on its overall reputation. Also, I have absolutely no intention of reparenting the entry to my own account. I believe that Mantits' single entry should stand on its own. In short, I personally do not benefit XP-wise from this ching. Its sole purpose was to contribute to my Wordmonger's mask.

Thanks to DejaMorgana for organizing the party and to all who played.