Meet the New Boss, Same as the...oh, never mind.



Hey y'all.

As Brawl so nonchalantly stated above, I'm going to be taking the reins from his loving Canadian hands. He has his reasons for stepping down, and the shoes he's leaving to fill are, well, scarily large. Nevertheless.

I don't know what's going to change in the long run (though it'll be for the best, I'm sure) but I can tell you a little about my editorial philosophy, and what I think e2, fundamentally, is.

I grew up in New Jersey and I live in New York City. I work as an editor (a professional one) at a marketing research firm. I'm a night owl, previously out of preference but now mostly because my job revolves around the prime time television schedule. Because my job pretty much involves me cleaning up language on a computer, I'm online (and on e2) more than is probably healthy. I write a lot, most of which gets posted here, and I spend most of my time as an admin here talking to new users, cleaning out the cruft and just generally prettifying things.

My major focus with E2, at least the stuff I think about, usually involves ways of finding new contributors, keeping the ones we have and making the whole experience easier, both for the userbase at large and the staff - the more minutiae that we can get out of the way or automate, the more we can write, and the more we write the better we, as a whole, get at it.

I'm also big on E2 as a community - I've met over a hundred and twenty of you people in person (assuming my list is right; that figure's probably low) in nine states and two continents, and anything that can engender that particular feeling of camaraderie that springs up out of nowhere once we hit critical mass can't be a bad thing. If anything we need more of that, both here and in the real world.

The thing you should probably know about me more than anything else, particularly as my skillset relates to E2 is concerned, is this: I don't code - the last programming language I had any familiarity with was BASIC and a Perl ain't nothin' but a purdy thing to me. Luckily, we've got other amazing people to take care of that.

Once I get my feet under me and settle into the big chair I'll give y'all a more than a hypothetical take on things. As it stands, rest easy - I grew up on E2 in a very real way and I won't let anything bad happen to it. Promise.

Be kind to one another,

Jack