Lawrence Talbot: "You don't understand. Every night when the moon is full, I turn into a wolf."
Wilbur: "You and twenty million other guys!"

American horror-comedy, released in 1948. Directed by Charles Barton and written by John Grant and Robert Lees. Starred (surprise, surprise) Bud Abbott and Lou Costello as dim-witted delivery men Chick Young and Wilbur Grey. Other stars included Lon Chaney Jr. as Lawrence Talbot (the Wolf Man), Bela Lugosi as Dracula, Glenn Strange as Frankenstein's Monster, Lénore Aubert as Dr. Sandra Mornay, the lovely Jane Randolph as Joan Raymond, Insurance Investigator, and Vincent Price, in a very hard-to-spot cameo at the end of the film.

Basically, Wilbur and Chick deliver the remains of Dracula and Frankenstein's Monster to a "House of Horrors" museum, but the two monsters awaken and escape. Lawrence Talbot arrives with plans to thwart Dracula's evil plans, but his tendency to turn into a werewolf at every full moon makes him as much of a threat as the other monsters. In the midst of all this, Dracula kidnaps Wilbur -- he plans to put Wilbur's brain in the monster's body! The fiend! Of course, by the end of the movie, all the monsters are loose, and all are chasing after our intrepid heroes.

Believe it or not, this is actually a pretty good movie. Lots of Abbott and Costello's movies bit, but this one turned out pretty funny. And lots of horror spoofs put all their emphasis on jokes, but this film manages some fairly suspenseful moments -- not exactly scary, but much more tense than you'd expect for a movie where the villain thinks Costello's brain would improve Frankenstein's Monster. I recommend it fairly enthusiastically.

Interesting trivia: Glenn Strange, who was playing Frankenstein's Monster, broke his ankle during filming. Lon Chaney, Jr. didn't have any scenes as the Wolf Man that day, so he volunteered to wear the famous Frankenstein makeup and costume in one scene.

Chick: "You're making enough noise to wake up the dead!"
Wilbur: "I don't have to wake him up. He's up."

Some research from the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com)