FIRST ANNUAL EVERYTHING2 NET-A-THON

E2 is outstanding, and the amount of bandwidth this place requires per day must be incredible. The cost of maintaining this place can't be pretty. So I'm suggesting a E2 NET-A-THON. Let's work together to help offset the operating costs here at the place we all enjoy so much.

I propose anyone reading this /msg me with the reasons why they use (and/or love) E2, and a challenge to their fellow noders to meet and I'll post it here. My goal if I can be so bold, is to (at minimum) double the previous month's donations. And my pipe-dream is that we break their current record for donations in a month. Can we do it? (We could do that if everyone reading this node donated the cost of their next Latte)

For me personally, I love E2 because I'm a compulsive addictive type person and this place is my drug of choice. I was once addicted (for real) to the public library, had 8 years clean of the non-stop reading addiction when I found E2. E2 is a place I can spend endless hours, reading and learning about any topic under the sun. Just about every culture, nationality and so on, is represented here. I often wonder how many backups they have of this database, because one or even two backups wouldn't be enough for me.

My challenge:
Fellow E2 addicts - send in a donation equal to your age. For me that'd be um 30 something dollars. For you? :)


An Anon challenge from a level 2 noder:
Level 2 noders, donate 50 cents times your number of nodes, or 50 cents per Ching you've been given.

Telbij:
Entertainment combining the quality of academic standards and the intrigue of television ought to cost somewhere between the price of college and cable.

I challenge all level 3 noders to donate .50 cents for each day they've logged on since their last donation.


Please send me your 'reasons' and your challenge! I plan to contribute the amounts of the first two challenges personally - if they are reasonable.


Operators are standing by.
Let's Do it!
DONATION BOX



Interesting site of the day: www.flylady.com