I'm back from my vacation in the Revenge of Nature Trail to Hell (in 3-D): A Very Appalachian E2 Gathering... OF DOOM!...

Day 1

I took the bus from good ol' New York City, and went to Washington, DC. It was smooth sailing from there with Ophie and Jeremy (what's his noder handle again? I work with real names better than handles). We went to Hermetic's place to get some drinks and whatnot. Afterwards, Hermetic, ophie, Jeremy and myself met up and had lunch in a seafood place before everybody else except ophie went forth.

I took six-odd hours to go from Washington to Sparta, North Carolina. We talked about music, Hermetic's years in the Navy studying combat medicine, and Japanese culture.

We met up with czeano and friends in the cabin after the said six hours. Panamaus (David) served ribs - Charles Vergos Rendezvous famous dry-rub pork ribs!!! They tasted great, even though I don't eat pork ribs.

Hermetic's Martini of Death is great - but my little Mr. Fusion works better with Guinness. Never had any of that excepting my bar trip from May, but what the hey.

One of the things that creeped me out was Jurph and his girlfriend. It's the same old reason I hated public displays of affection, and it reminded me of the things I wish I could do but can't for obvious circumstances.

I had a frank talk with Infinite Burn about the same-old bullshit that's holding me back from dating. I was broken down, but I can't cry. It still sucks to compare myself to Jurph and everybody else, but that's what all I can do aside from bitching in #everything about how I can't get laid and so on.

Day 2

The most important thing of the day was going to the New River (http://www.canoethenew.com). I do have enough money for a canoe, but It's too damn expensive even for one guy (myself). Zot-fot-piq did some fishing, and caught one fish and a bug.

At night, most of everybody went out to paint the tunnel leading to the cabin like as if it was the Berlin Wall. I didn't feel left out until somebody slipped the PvP fez on my head, and I took initiative (lots of cursing towards myself and others) to climb up and paint "KIT LO EXISTS!" yeah... I do exist. It's like as if everybody has never seen me, and I have to act to be heard. And that was the forceful moment of clarity that I had to make to start wanting to live like the rest of the damn kids...

Let's just say I was loud - violently loud for one night.

Day 3

I woke up late - 0900 in Sunday. Well, kenata said I wasn't late, but I said I was late. Becca served pancakes, and they were good.

Hermetic showed The Natural History of the Chicken on tape to the noders. It's a weird-ass piece of work.

Eat Poop You Cat was a great game to play -- and I had a kick-ass time out it. I'm usually a "information-faithful" kind of guy, but I love to add "noise" that makes EPYC work - be it intentionally or by interpretation.

I took a few pictures, made plans to talk to Kenata in the future, and went off to Washington, DC.

Hermetic drove me to Washington, but was caught for reckless driving along the way. I don't know if I should feel guilty for somehow leading him to drive like this, but he loves to work his car up like this... With or without any passengers, I guess he indulges in hearing the sound of his VW Jetta tearing ass in the highway all the time.

Come to think of it, Hermetic makes me think of a cross between The Great Gatsby's Nick Carraway and Keanu Reeves.

Afterwards, Hermetic dropped me off at the Greyhound station and that is that.