I was late to gym class this morning. Forgot Howard's bithday card and had to run back home and get it. He's 91 and told me Barnes & Noble has asked him twice to come in and sign copies of his books. He says he doesn't do book signings so I'm glad I had the courage to ask him to sign my copy. It's been weeks of doctors appointments and summer swinging into gear. Hot hot hot is all I can say! Finally, someone believed me about how unspeakably hot it's been in the house during the day and climbed up on the roof. Ah hah! the pump was burned out.

Now the whole family is wearing glasses and/or contacts. I am loving my new sunglasses. SO nice for my walks.

Not many quail have survived the heat. During one walk I spotted a quail and chick crossing the road. With a car approaching I stopped gave chase to the abandoned fella. The small ball of fluff seemed to float above the ground till it finally toppled over. I set it gently in the scrub and heard the adult quail give a small click . The driver of the car was amazed that the dog with me heeled so well along as we made circles and figure-eights trying to round up the chick. I had taken for so much for granted that my dog would deny prey instincts and trust me. Be aware of wonder .

After a second air conditioner failed at hubby's work they closed the restaurant for a few hours and finally have it up and running.

Number One Son has received two honors by mail this week. One for Who's Who Among American High School Students and the second one from The Dean's List they have a website www.honoring.com The second award will have his biography published and placed in the University he plans to attend next year. Hopefully, this will lead to some scholarships.

Number Two Son is starting his second session of summer school in spanish. I asked him the other night how old he was and he said he was 89, oh well,it'll make sense to him soon. He picked up his Collector's Edition of Diablo II and now it's been a real challenge for us to divide our time online.

No news is good news on the most recent blood tests. Vision checked out great 100% on peripheral vision. The Optometrist warned me though that it has been recently discovered that this type of tumor could (but rarely) causes double vision. The quest for a job continues. While they are setting up the neurological tests I'm supposed to be thinking about what kind of job I would like. They will hire an employment agency to make sure that my employer understands what I may need to do the job well and make the transition smoother. I really could have used that help when I worked for PetSmart. I am looking forward to making new friends and some money to help pay for my sons'college educations.

It's been so long since we've been out to celebrate the 4th of July. Maybe I'l persuade them that it's an early birthday party for me I'm hoping we can stop by the hubby's store for dinner and some time with him and then head out to the fireworks. The city orchestra will be playing the 1812 Overture for the Grand Finale and there will be three legged races along with pie eating contests.

Anyone who is joined to Christ is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 (TEV)

Devotion