I recently discovered that I am, in fact poly. I always knew before, deep inside my heart, but I never had the word to place with the feeling. I always had this inner craving for multiple partners, but I allowed my environment suppress it…to extinguish it, like a child pulls a butterfly's wings off, so it won't fly away and leave them lonely

To me, polyamoryis just like communism. It's a damned good idea, but it will never work in the long run. Human nature will always eventually give in to jealousy, lust, and greed, and everything that was made that was so beautiful just comes crashing down, like castles made of cards.

Now, I sit here, listening to the music of Dralion, thinking, wondering what I am supposed to do now. I don't want to be poly…I have never seen an example of poly work. I am afraid from the pain I have experienced…I fear what my heart yearns for and I don't allow myself to reach for it. I know that I can be happy with just my love, and I don't need any more than her…but sometimes my inner self calls out for more. Sometimes I need the touches and love of someone else, and I don't like it…not at all.

I rock back and forth softly to the haunting melodies of the music, things zipping through my mind. I think of how I just want my masukomi and how I want others at the same time…and I hate myself for it sometimes. I wonder how I should deal with it all…I hope deeply that masukomi will always love me as much as she does now. I want it to just be her and me in a giant gossamer bubble…just she and I, happy in our marriage one day to come. And then, for some reason, I scold myself for being so damned young, engaged, and trying to have children, and yet thinking of wanting others. I really do hate being poly. I know I'll forgive myself, but I worry about how long it will take me to do so.