It is, in my opinion, strange to think that my classmates and I at school (in English class actually) managed to come to the conclusion that a wormhole is actually the physical manifestation of a hypercube.

After having read Robert A. Heinlein's "...And He Built A Crooked House", I grew in my understanding of the four-dimensional hypercube. I already do have good spatial skills, having corrected a geometry teacher my Freshman year. I realized that in a three-dimensional universe, an object with four spatial dimensions bridges two points with little or no distance between those points, essentially skipping all space in between and thus "bending" space-time.

However, this does not account for the time difference between two points. Since time is relative to the speed of an object and its distance from other objects, a wormhole acts as an object with which time can be travelled through almost freely. I therefore believe that wormholes also require an added temporal dimension to allow for the change in time.

If one were to actually run thought experiments involving hupercubes and comparing their properties and behaviors to those of a wormhole, one would find that they are quite similar. Depending on the true nature of time and the behavior of temporal dimensions my ideas on wormholes containing an extra temporal dimension may be false. However, I would like to point out that I arrived at all of these conclusions simply through thinking about the subject of hypercubes and wormholes. To truly understand how my idea works one must read hypercube and understand fully what is a hypercube.

A hypercube is an object formed of eight cubes in the pattern of a cross folded together to form an object with four spatial dimensions. To see how these work in a three dimensional universe, one must imagine making an unfolded cube (a hypersquare) in a two dimensional universe and then folding it together to form a cube. Since the hypersquare then acts as a three-dimensional object in two-dimensional space, it thus can be used to link two points in space by "bending" space. The same happens in a three-dimensional universe when a hypercube, or wormhole, is created. An example of the results can be found in Heinlein's short story, "...And He Built A Crooked House".