As Junkill previously announced, we have revived the Everything2 Podcast. Season 4, Episode 1 - the Halloween 2008 edition - is now online! It's a bit late because I wasn't happy with my recording, and I didn't want to have to start this off with 'my own rendition of RalphyK's wonderful When Frogs go Bad is an obvious low point of the collection, but...' - which may still be true, but hopefully you can at least make out what I'm saying now.

I thought Junkill did a fantastic job of presenting and producing, and reading SyntaxVorlon's Where is your god now?. The Custodian's rendering of footprints' appalling, hilarious The Raven (The Edgar Allan Porn version) is also near perfect.

I've been working on on-site software support for audio recordings, and you can now download the new podcast and the entire first season directly from the E2 Podcast page. The intervening two seasons will follow, as will support for individual writeup recordings; most of the work on the latter is already done, but there are still a few details to tie up. Also still to come is an actual RSS feed to make this technically a podcast, and the plan in the medium-to-long-term is to use E2's servers for hosting, rather than relying on The Custodian's server.

One recording unfortunately had to be left out because permission to use it was denied - which shows both the importance and the down side of making sure we get permission for these things, I suppose. This podcast is a little shorter than some as a result, but it's still a perfectly respectable 19 minutes long.

Once again, membership of podpeople is essentially open to anyone, and naturally we're looking for people to record things for next time. We already have one or two things already lined up for inclusion and promises of more to come, so it may be on its way to you quite soon.

For now, I hope you enjoy the new edition as much as I did!

http://e2podcast.spunkotronic.com/e2podcast0401.mp3