A varitation for 20 questions

On road trips my family played a different version of twenty questions that was a bit more abstract. Maybe it has a name of its own, but I’ve never found it. There is no limit to the amount of questions in this variation and you're not trying to guess what the object\person\place is. So right off the bat it's pretty different from 20 questions. A neat thing about it though is it can be played on its own or at the same time as a standard game of 20 questions. If you play it with 20 questions, you're not restricted to yes or no questions and answers.

So how do you play?

One person makes up a rule that they must adhere to every time they answer a question. The other person/people ask different questions and try and figure out what the rule is. The answers don’t have to make perfect sense they just have to follow the rule and address the question in some way. Here is an example:

Rule:

"I will always make reference to something that is spherical (basket ball, soccer ball, a planet, a jawbreaker, a pearl, peppercorn, a bubble, a marble)".

question : What is your favorite book?

answer : Around the World in 80 days

question : When trumpets sound how do you feel?

answer : Like putting pearls in my ears

question : What would you do if someone slapped your mom?

answer : Spit out my jawbreaker and bust their head open.
It's the kind of game that you don’t want to put many restrictions on but you will find certain things might have to be outlawed based on the players. I think two restrictions are important. Physical movements cannot count as a rule and if grammar or any language/spelling type rule is allowed (The third word of my answer will always begin with the letter K) the game most be played on paper. It’s nice to play on paper anyway so you can look over all the answers.