The X-files

Sleepless
Episode: 2X04
First aired:10/07/94
Written by: Howard Gordon
Directed by: Rob Bowman

The infamous Krycek's first appearence!!!

Scully is no longer assigned to work with him and Mulder is paired with Alex Krycek (Nicholas Lea) who Mulder finds exremely annoying, mainly because he doesn't want another partner to replace Scully.

Scully does do an autopsy on Grissom and she reveals damage to the internal organs as if there had been a fire in him. Another man, an ex-Marine special forces officer, is murdered this time by the image of Vietnamese peasents who gun him down. This officer was stationed where Grissom was stationed 24 years earlier.

Mulder tries to find the last surviving man, Cole, from that particular unit but he is missing from the V.A. Hospital. Mulder meets with X, a new informant, somewhat more secretive than Deep Throat, who tells him of a secret project to create the perfect soldier by destroying the need to sleep. The project went horribly wrong as the group began to murder randomly.

Mulder believes that Cole, who hasn't slept in 24 years, has somehow developed a psychic ability to creat dreams that can kill. Mulder catches up to Cole who, with his ability, pretends he's about to shoot Mulder and Krycek shoots Cole, killing him and Mulder's evidence dissapears.

Krycek reports to the Cigarette-Smoking Man and tells him that Mulder has found another source of information and that Scully is a huge problem.


Important Quotes:
Mulder -- "Listen, I appreciate the show and tell, and I don’t want you to take this personally, but I work alone. I’ll straighten things out with Skinner."

Krycek -- "I paid off your cab. Hey, I don’t appreciate being ditched like someone’s bad date."
Mulder -- "I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings."
Krycek -- "Where do you get off copping this attitude. You don’t even know the first thing about me."
Mulder -- "Exactly."
Krycek -- "You know, back at the academy, some of the guys used to make fun of you."
Mulder -- "Oh stop it, or you’ll hurt my feelings."

X -- "You still don’t get it, do you? Closing the X-Files, separating you and Scully was only the beginning. The truth is still out there, but it’s more dangerous. The man we both knew paid for that information with his life, a sacrifice I’m not willing to make."

Mulder -- "He’s all right. He could use a little more seasoning and some wardrobe advice But he’s a lot more open to extreme possibilities then. . ."
Scully -- "Then I was?"
Mulder -- ". . . .then I assumed he would be."
Scully -- "Must be nice not having someone question your every move, poking holes in all your theories."
Mulder -- "Oh yeah, it’s---it’s great. I’m surprised I put up with you so long."

Krycek -- "Reassigning them to other areas seems to have only strengthened their determination. Scully’s a problem. A much larger problem than you described."
CSM -- "Every problem has a solution."


Back to The X-files: Season 2