Forgive me, EDB, for I have sinned. It has been a week since my last daylog...

The management of E2 decided to go against their better judgements and made me an editor late yesterday. Just like the Oscars, here's a quick list of folks that I'd like to thank off the top of my head... Dem Bones, Nate, Demeter (who's still helping me get my "editor's legs"), Jinmyo, Uberfetus, Pseudo_Intellectual, hramyaegr, DaveQat (the very first person to volunteer to help me when I first arrived here), Wharfinger, and a ton of others who I owe a debt of thanks.
Additionally, folks like Gahachino, Witchiepoo, Mitzi, Trina, Aphrodite, Demeter (again), hramyaegr, ToasterLeavings and another metric ton of folks whose talent kept me coming back for more.
A special thank-you goes to Yurei, who is floating on a ship heading towards his home, for introducing me to Everything2.

I will do my best to add writeups that get killed on the monthly editor log, since I know a lot of folks would like to know how and when their nodes left this realm and went to Node Heaven.


The world is my snow globe. The big snow storm that was supposed to leave 3-6 inches last week passed us by without a single flake, and now it has snowed for more than a day for no reason. Weather is such a minor form of chaos theory, the atmosphere still creates unforseen eddys and currents like cigarette smoke rising in a still room.

Everything is blanketed with almost a foot of individually unique ice crystals. Trees and bushes are bent over with their newly added weight, as if they had put on their own version of "extra Christmas dinner pounds". My puppy bounds and leaps from drift to drift, his eye attracted by crystalline reflections. His usually boisterous barking is stilled, as if to become part of the stillness of the environs.

The kids sleepily peek out the window, visions of a snow day dancing in their heads. Alas, the city workers scurry like ants about their business, tirelessly clearing the snow from roadways. The schools will accept the disappointed tot's bodies, but their minds will be sledding and snowman-building.