Also there are at least two movies with this title. One starred James Spader. Another was the second Lexx movie, made for Showtime.

Lexx 2.0: Supernova

Having stolen the Lexx and escaped from the forces of His Divine Shadow into the Dark Zone, a universe parallel to the one they lived in, our heroes Stanley Tweedle, Zev, and Kai decided to search for a home. Zev is set on finding Brunus, the home of Kai's ancestors before they moved to the Light Universe. She thinks that something there could provide a clue to bring him back to life. So she has instructed 790 to scan all planets to determine which one it might be.

The planet is of course abandoned because its inhabitants moved away over 2000 years before, but they set up stabilizers to prevent the sun from exploding and left a museum of their culture. The museum had been taken over by Poet Man (played by Tim Curry), who was left behind in the migration because he got too drunk and slept through it. So he re-recorded all the holographic messages and reprogrammed some of the equipment so he would be the one remembered in the future. There is also a strange blue star previously unknown to Kai even though he'd been taught everything about this planet.

Zev drags Kai into a room called "Burst of Life," hoping it is what she's looking for, but it turns out those who enter have their memories recorded on discs and their bodies cut in half, leaving a thin slice out of the center to hang in a gallery with the disc. Stan, bored, decides to enter a room called "love," where he is misdiagnosed as a female, thus activating Poet Man's program to have someone implanted with his sperm so his line could live on.

Meanwhile, on the Lexx, Gigerota crawls out of the depths where we thought she'd died. The Divine Predecessors convince her to bring back Stan's hand so they can control the Lexx, and in return they will take her to a planet of succulent young men she can eat. So she goes down to the planet and rescues Stan from Poet Man, only to then cut off his hand and deactivate the solar stabilizer. When she gets back to the Lexx, the Divine Predecessors tell her they need the whole Stan because his voice is also part of the control mechanism, but when she leaves they simulate his voice and get the Lexx to leave.

Back on the planet, Stan manages to reactivate the stabilizer, then goes looking for Zev and Kai. A message from the Time Prophet in the memory chamber leads him to them, and although Kai has already been cut in half, a ray of light reflected off his memory disc hits him and gives him the impetus to put himself back together and save Zev.

Gigerota has already deactivated the stabilizer again, and by the time they turn it back on, it is too late to stop the supernova. She tries to fly back to the Lexx in the moth, but it won't let her in because she ate a piece of it.

Our heroes think there is no hope left, so they gather to watch the supernova. When the time comes that it ought to happen, the sun and the blue star freeze in place, speak to our heroes, and force the Lexx to come back for them. It turns out the two stars are in love and are ready to die together, so as soon as the Lexx is out of range, they explode, and Gigerota dies a fiery death. Poet Man's machinations are all for naught, and he will exist only in the memory of our heroes.