The last (so far) in George Romero's "___ of the dead" series. A direct sequel to Night and Dawn, Day takes place in an underground US Army bunker in Florida. Before the shit hit the fan, the US Government sent a team of scientists (with a military escort) to this bunker to study what caused the zombie crisis, how they can reverse the process or how to domesticate the zombies..

By this point, zombies outnumber humans 44,000 to 1. Very little of the world is seen outside the military complex, but what is seen doesn't give much hope. A smallish town completely overran by the living dead, with no hopes of survivors...

Ultimately the scientists are trying to control the zombies, but with very little success. The soldiers and the scientists start getting unfriendly, and in the end (as with Romero's other two films) all hell breaks loose. The ending does leave a bit of hope for humanity, and it gives the viewer a sense of revenge as one of the characters gets what they deserve.

While most fans agree that Dawn was the best film in the trilogy, Day tries it's hardest but just doesn't make it to either Night or Dawn's level. The social commentary message so present in Romero's other films is lost in this one, due to battles between writer/director Romero and studio heads. With Day leaving a bit of unfinished business we can only hope Romero is one day able to bring us "Twilight of the Dead" as a fitting end to his most notable zombie series.