Holography is a method for recording and then reproducing a complete image of a Three-dimensional object. It means the recording of an entire picture. Dennis Gabor developed it in 1948. Unlike an ordinary photograph, a hologram has the three-dimensional quality of depth and can recreate parallax- an apparent change on perspective that occurs when an object is viewed from different positions. It is required that the light must be coherent and the waves must be the same wavelength and in phase for the hologram to appear. To make a hologram, a beam of coherent light, generally from a laser, is spit into two beams. One beam–the object beam–illuminates the object and is reflected onto the photographic plate, the other beam, called the reference beam, is aimed directly onto the photographic plate. Since the two beams superimposed on the plate are coherent, they form an interference pattern. In the phenomenon of interference, two or more waves are superimposed at each point. The record of this interference pattern on photographic film is the hologram. It looks nothing like the original object, but it contains the information needed to reproduce the light that originally came from an object. The development of holography had to await the perfection of a laser. This form of lensless photography has many uses such as credit cards, jewelry, magazines, and book covers. Many artists work with holograms and researchers are developing small computer-generated images that move.