Compiled overview of the 80 ton Striker 'Mech, from various BattleTech novels and game sourcebooks:



Built by Stormvanger Assemblies Unlimited in 2550, the Striker was one of the SLDF's earliest assault 'Mechs. It was the fastest and heaviest 'Mech in the Star League inventory until advances in technology displaced it to second-line and garrison units. Over the long centuries of the Succession Wars the number of Strikers left in the Inner Sphere steadily decreased; at present less than 300 Strikers remain operational. The primary production facility for the Striker was destroyed during a Kurita raid in 2867, and no new Strikers have been produced in recent years.

Built with the largest fusion plant available at the time of its initial design, the massive weight of the Striker's engine limited the weapon systems the design team could install. The primary weapon is a HellStar Particle Projection Cannon, supplemented by a Defiance B3L Large Laser to give the Striker a respectable one-two punch. Secondary weapons are a Pontiac Light Class 5 Autocannon with one ton of ammunition and three Hellion-b II Medium Lasers. The Striker also has fifteen heat sinks and thirteen and a half tons of armor.

The armed forces of House Steiner and House Liao possess most of the Star League-era Strikers, and all of the Steiner machines remain in military forces stationed in the Lyran Alliance. House Liao has recently deployed its Strikers in its front-line 'Mech units, whereas most Lyran Strikers are in militia units along the Steiner/Periphery border near Marik space. The rest of the known Strikers are spread throughout the Inner Sphere and the Periphery, reportedly in the possession of several mercenary units.



Note: Information used here was the domain of FASA before they split the rights between Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (table-top gaming and video games respectively). Copyright of the fluff text is in limbo, but names of persons, places, & things are without any doubt the property of Wizkids LLC. Use of any terms here related to the BattleTech trademark are not meant as a challenge to Wizkids LLC's rights.