compiled overview of the 75ton Bandersnatch 'Mech, from various BattleTech novels and game sourcebooks:



Felifious Bander was the chief tech of the late Twelfth Star Guard. For him, fighting the Clans seemed impossible with 3025 technology, so Bander changed careers. He entered the BattleMech refitting business as President and CEO of Bander BattleMechs. Already possessed of a considerable reputation, he was able to convince many former mercenary techs to join his firm. Quickly, they established themselves as a premier enterprise with competitive prices.

The first original BattleMech is a Felifious Bander creation. Having seen the Clans in action, and reviewed the most popular 'Mech refits of his clients, Bander decided that he knew what the situation required. Thus was the BNDR-01 A Bandersnatch born.

Bander considered the Marauder's chassis the most distinctive of all 'Mechs, and so he designed and built his 'Mech with a similar profile and style.

The design team equipped the 'Mech with the best-rediscovered technology, installing two Armstrong Class B ClusterGuns, which are perfect copies of the Star League Lubalin LB 10-X autocannon. Three Holly LRM-5s give the 'Mech additional long-range firepower. Because the 'Mech requires so much ammunition to justify the use of the heavy cannons, the torso ammo bins were equipped with CASE technology to extend the life expectancy of the 'Mech.

To make sure the 'Mech is not under-gunned after expending all its ammo, six Magna Mk 11 medium lasers were added; two to each arm and a pair facing the rear. During the initial test firings, both rear-firing lasers unexpectedly melted their heat jackets. When he was not able to determine the cause of the meltdown, Bander had the lasers raised half a meter, but field technicians should keep a close eye on the condition of the heat jackets.

So far, perhaps only a half-dozen of these 'Mechs are in existence, but Bander BattleMechs claims that the Bandersnatch is the most versatile design in the Inner Sphere and predicts it will be very popular for special purpose applications. Only time will tell if Felifious Bander's answer to the Clans is a success.



Note: Information used here was the domain of FASA before they split the rights between Wizkids LLC and Microsoft (table-top gaming and video games respectively). Copyright of the fluff text is in limbo, but names of persons, places, & things are without any doubt the property of Wizkids LLC. Use of any terms here related to the BattleTech trademark are not meant as a challenge to Wizkids LLC's rights.