3.

Fig.: One who lives upon others; a pertinaceous and indolent dependent; a parasite; a sponger.

 

Thank ye kindly, Webster_1913.

 

The properties of a sponge, by A. Spuunj.

The mask, it clings. Years upon years of falsehood and pleasantries pleasantly packaged for mass consumption. I am the genuine one; the sincere, helpful voice. You will listen because I am honest; you will trust because I am worthy of it. You will expose yourself and I will absorb all that you release, bouncing back very little but enough for you to believe I am here. I thrive on you and your misguided faith.

I spin lies and twist the truth. Genuine? What do you see that is genuine? Stare into my eyes, talk to me, listen, and tell me you believe what I say. I am a lie, your dream lie, because the world wants the lie, and they allow me to be the lie, the lie I choose to be. I am nothing but the lie. The truth I present is, in truth, a lie.

You, your beauty and the love you wish to share, are misguided. Turn away. Find yourself some truth, something real in the world, something genuine. Find someone. I will smile my false smile and weep inside where weeping is meant to remain. You will probably find your truth as seekers of truth find it, sooner or later. I have never been in search of truth, and only seek what it takes to get by.

Oh, and Web? You missed one:

 

7. a. Informal A glutton. b. Slang A drunkard.