NaNoWriMo has a time machine and a cool trench coat full of firearms, and it's here to make writing epic again! That's right, it's time for the E2 Science Fiction And Fantasy Quest!

The quest will run from April 27th, 3019 to June 3rd, 3019. All science fictional stories, poems, essays, and predictions are accepted. In the spirit of providing an inclusive environment, fairies, ghosts, mages, and gods are also welcome. Reviews and explanations of science-fictional concepts will be accepted, but factual science writeups are suspect, and will probably not be eligible for prizes.

Rules:

  • All writeups must conform to the limitations of the quest - science fiction and fantasy or factual writeups about science fiction and fantasy.
  • Writeups must survive without deletion through the quest and following judging period to be eligible for the quest.
  • Judging categories and criteria are highly flexible. This is a feature, not a bug.

Rewards:

  • 10 GP per node submitted and surviving to the end of the quest.
  • 300, 200, and 100 GP for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place nodes in each category.
  • A bonus prize for the highest rep writeup: an /egg command of your devising for the chatbox.

Entries:

Reviews & Non-fiction:
Fiction:

The Winners:

Non-Fiction:

  1. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse by Jet-Poop
  2. Annihilation by JD
  3. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors by waverider37

Fiction:

  1. Necromancers really lift your spirits, but the dead can bring you down by Zephronias
  2. Light year by etouffee
  3. Reality creeps through the cracks of broken places and broken thoughts and asks us: What Will You Do? by Zephronias

Highest Reputation Award: Goes to Jet-Poop for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse


Thank you everyone for participating and for reading!