The Red Star

The Red Star is a comic that skillfully blends sci-fi and fantasy together. It was created by Team Red Star which is headed by Christian Gosset The comic is published by Image Comics, which is known for other comics such as Battle Chasers, The Darkness, Rising Stars, and Spawn under different subsidiaries.

The following is a description of the comic taken from the Trade Paper Back:

Over the course of several generations, the once mighty empire known as The United Republics of The Red Star (U.R.R.S) slaughtered millions of its own people by the order of a single man. This man was their leader, Imbohl; a mighty sorcerer whose insanity turned his people's Utopian dreams into a nightmarish scheme driven by the desire to forge his own immortality.

Haunted by the ghosts of their nation's tragic past, the Heroes of the Red Star, at the battle of Kar Dathra's Gate, discover the true nature of their people's struggle, abandon their duties as soldiers of the Red Fleet, and embark upon a quest to liberate their people from Imbohl's dark legacy.

The Red Star is an epic mythology, the settings and mode of dress that the characters employ much resemble that of the Soviet Union. It is a romantic saga that contains brotherhood, valor, loss and faith. It is never short of action and the characters are ones that we can identify with.

The Art of the Red Star is rendered by the same 3D modeling technology used by today's best selling video games and animated features, while at the same time bringing with it a dawn of a new era in comic books and visual storytelling.

The first part of The Red Star consists of four books titled The Battle of Kar Dathra's Gate that introduces the readers to Maya Antares, Marcus Antares, The Red Woman, Troika, Warkaster, and the dreaded Skyfurnaces.