One thing that should be known about Macromedia Flash is its recent bloat.

At version 1, Flash was a simple vector animations program. There was little else to it. It was small, and fast. The way vector animation was meant to be.

At version 2, Flash had additional features like mouse events, and sounds. It was simple vector animation program that became useful for the multimedia enthusiast.

At version 3, Flash hit its peak. Everything became more robust, and it had all the real features it could need. It was also at this point it began to bloat. I could no longer easily use Flash 3 with my 100 MHz machine, and I required abnormally large resolutions to properly design the animations as I wished. True, the addition features were great in some aspects, but not worth their addition fee and size.

Version 4 added more interactivity, bringing features traditionally found only in Macromedia Director. True it gave the developer much more power within a single application, but not much more then that really. The user interface was redesigned, forcing me to use even larger resolutions to develop properly. The over all system requirements were also umphed, as were the requirements for the end-user animations (Which were no longer simple animations).

Then there was version 5, and 6... all of which add more bloat, and require a super-computer to properly develop with.