As Julie, your cruise director (as far as I know this is my official title here, no one has ever corrected me), I would like to offer some response to these questions as posted above, as it I generally consider it my duty to do what I can with new noders, confused noders and assorted people with emotional issues. Moving on...

  1. Did you message a new noder in the past 10 days? If so, how well do you think you introduced them to the site?
    Yes.
  2. Did you receive any replies or messages from new users of the site? How many? What were they generally about? What was your reaction to getting contacted by these users?
    Well, this is generally the issue. I've learned that a majority of new users cannot figure out the /msg system here and how to respond. Some bugger off without speaking and never return. Others post confusing writeups and may believe they exist in a vacuum. Others may be tigers. It is my understanding that tigers don't talk much.
  3. How did you do with communicating in general? What were your reactions their comments?
    I've often said that communication on E2 is very similar to communication between two people who drank a lot the night before, fell into bed together, had sexual relations and now find themselves looking for a bagel.
  4. What kinds of things did you do to learn about helping new users out? How much content of theirs did you read before messaging them and what impression did you form about them?
    About one in twenty new users makes some sort of sense when I talk to them. The others, as I have said, may be tigers.
  5. What did you think about new users and how well they fit into the concept of E2 ?
    I don't think we need tigers on the site. I'm not a racist. Also, I'm by no means anti-semitic, regardless of the content of my last three writeups.
  6. Why do you think they come to this site?
    If you build it, they will come.
  7. Why do you think they leave?
    They cannot figure out how to communicate. Frustration. Confusion. I'm convinced many can't figure out the /msg system. The rest are likely tigers. No tigers.
  8. Where do you want E2 to go?
    Forward. Never get off the goddamned boat. Damned straight.