Lately, since I have become aware of the proposed draft before Congress I have been very disturbed, so below is a copy of the letter I sent to my representatives in Congress. I am aware of who proposed the bill and when it was proposed. It does not matter, either way they are willing to have me die.


Dear Elected Official,

I have recently become aware of two bills sitting before Congress which would reinstate the draft as early as June 2005 (S 89 and HR 163). I would like to express my utter dissatisfaction towards this proposed legislation as it is unwarranted and unwanted. If you vote for this bill and/or support it in any way, you may count on losing my vote in the next election. I am almost 18 and will be able to vote in the next election along with being directly affected by this legislation. I would also urge you to bring these bills to the public's attention, as of now I have not seen any coverage on such important legislation, a fact which makes me very suspicious on why not, considering the public opposition that is easily foreseeable.
According to the scant information I have had available, $28 million dollars has already been added to the 2004 Selective Service System budget to prepare for a military draft as early as June 15, 2005. This again makes me increasingly suspicious as the legislation has not been passed, but already the budget has been given a substantial increase. This strikes me that part of Congress feels that this money is going to become necessary, something I do not want to see.
I must express that not only am I opposed to said draft on all grounds, but I am opposed to the makeup of the bill. It grants far too many unchecked powers to the president, and I feel removing my Congressional Representatives from protecting their Constituents, though this is being accomplished right now by the lack of attention to the bill. I see this as another sign of the undemocratic nature of this bill and urge you once again to vocally oppose said legislation.
Please send a response and any information you may have that might enlighten me further regarding this legislation or any other topic you would like to discuss.

Sincerely,

Adam