I sent an e-mail to http://www.lucidity.com/ and this is what it was:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just woken up from what I find to be an 16 hour sleep. I am writing you this e-mail because I read not too long ago that you claimed lucid dreaming would not cause people to sleep their lives away as sleeping for too long is physically impossible. Although this could have just been the result of fatigue I believe I can sleep even longer as long as nothing disturbs me. I wish to share to you the conditions of my experience as a means of scientific research.

This was done completely unintentional and without any forehead planning. I had just returned from my studies at the faculty for a weekend at home. Tried to nap on the bus, but possibly only spent it in a relaxed state the whole 1.5 hour journey. I had slept for about 3.5 hours the previous night and just over 4 hours the night before that. I arrived home at 16:00. I immediately began on trying to transfer data from my laptop with Windows 7 to my PC with Ubuntu, which meant a lot of unsuccessful tinkering to try and get the two recognize each other on the network. During my unsuccessful attempts I ate a bowl of Goulash with some cool unfrozen bread and a few chocolates, some with nuts. After my resolution to continue this the next day I put the song Dreamscape from 009 Sound System to echo through the house as I tended to my hygiene. As I approached my room the song ended, I turned off the computer took off my trousers and went to sleep at sometime after 19:00 on the 17th of December.

I live in central Europe, the temperature was -4ºC last night and -5ºC when I rose, I slept on a soft mattress with a wool cover over it and a cotton sheet over my body with a soft pillow under my head in a room with at least 17ºC over night. I am about 1.85 m tall, weigh about 73 kilograms and have a known health issue that implies a slower heart beat rate. I went to bed wearing socks, tights that go under pants for cold days, underwear and a cotton shirt. I took off the shirt sometime after.

My mother was my first awakening at about 20:30. She kissed me welcome and left the room. I woke at 22:54 again to hear her in the bathroom getting ready for bed, at which point I looked at the time on my phone to also check its battery level which was very low. Although at this point I was considering to wake up since I only wanted a short nap, but decided on trying to sleep until morning. I woke up again at 6:02 when I heard my mother again, getting ready for work and I plugged in and turned on my phone to check the time. I was contemplating the choice of waking up again, but figured I'd only be productive enough to play video games. So I decided to sleep a little more. Until this point I was watching what I call ''reruns'' of my previous visions. These are usually movies I watch in my dreams that do not exist or adventures I partake that I remember having, some from as early as childhood. I believe I expanded a series of movies, which are fables about how a group of animals build a plane to set of to the promised land, each animal has a job to do to keep the plane flying but one, which is either a bear or a pig depending on the movie, only runs a lever that supposedly scratches the back of the planes navigator, who is supposedly in charge of where the plane is going. I was also lucid in a certain dream, I checked my totem and it had all the physical characteristics as in the real world, so I finally concluded that the totems from Inception might only be used to check if you're not in someone else's dream, not to check if you're dreaming. So I do my usual business of jumping on vertical objects and see if I can stand on them. I thought I woke up from my lucidity on a bus, but that dream changed soon afterwards.

My final dream session was about the same series of fables, but this time they were darker, less cheerful of a mood than before. It talked about the situation before they started thinking about leaving the land on which they were. There was some oppressor and tyrant that kept them in cages, but they managed to organize and break out and I was one of them. The other dream was about what was happening in the land where their plane was going. I remember the intro being a black and white movie about the breakthrough in atomic theory and the earth's gravity. It showed a ring around the earth and an x in it's center being changed into two dots, one red, one white. The plane's navigator revealed itself to be a group of people misleading the pig and flying the plane towards an airport where a scientist was explaining to a group of reporters how he will continue his research. He attached tubes and wires to a barrel with a little window in it. With the help of a nurse he somehow managed to slip his head and neck into a small inflexible tube and snap his own esophagus against the barrel, slightly bending it in the process. The esophagus was about the size of a whole neck, so i suppose this is how I imagined the insides of a neck as a child. He told the nurse to dispose of it and I was staring at the long bony thing and woke up.

It was 11:42 and I was still feeling tired, but decided to get up. I felt fine, had very little grip in my hands, but could stand up easily. I had no need to empty my bladder and only felt hungry after I took a sip of water. I would also claim my concentration was at peak levels for the first hour after awakening.

To this contribution I would also like to add other possible significant things about myself. I have slept longer before, but this was my recent experience. I am a happy and content person with no fascination about any dark matters such as death. I am a romantic by heart and soul. I prefer my vision to lucidity as they let me introspect better, but am working on achieving lucidity 100% of the times I'd try. I wish to stay anonymous, but am open to any questions if you found my contribution helpful and need more specific data. Would like to participate in on any open projects you might be working on now.

Kind regards

Please comment and be brutal, in case they don't reply I'm curious what's the worst they could have thought.