Well, the man and the hour have met -- and the hour has kicked my ass.

I won't give my full grade report for last semester to the world here on E2. Suffice it to say that I now must average a B+ in Operating Systems (a retake) and Multimedia next semester, something I've never even come close to, to graduate. It's possible, but I'm going to have to work harder than I've ever worked before. And if I screw it up, I can probably kiss my substantial post-grad job offer goodbye. On the positive side, those are the only six real hours I'm taking. I have a one-credit choir class, but that's just filler for fun -- and it doesn't do anything for my CS in-major GPA, which is what is in question.

Parental reaction was not positive (no crap! you say). I get to go back, but I may be forced to quit my job, a job I love and have been fairly good at. Working F-shifts was a contributing factor to the semester's academic misadventures, and I was already planning to avoid that (and I'm high enough on the seniority list to pull that off), but I think leaving Transit entirely would be an overreaction. When my dad controls the checkbook from which my final tuition payment comes, though, I may have no choice. It's not a battle I need to fight immediately, though -- I'll save that one for next week, or until my dad brings it up directly with me, in which case I'll just have to go ahead.

"It's been a long December, and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last"
-- Counting Crows