I felt pretty similar to AproxyButt on my first trip to a Hooters. Since than I have been to quite a few and some similar establishments. I really have no problem with it anymore. If guys want to ogle women in tight t-shirts while paying for overpriced beer and ok food and girls want to get paid for it. So be it. They are almost always very attractive girls, but they aren't supermodels either, so don't expect to see Victoria Secrets models working there. Most of them probably don't earn enough to afford a good boob-job (not that many of them need one).

I have more of a problem with my friends who think the waitresses talk to them for any other reason than to increase their tip. Ok maybe that isn't always the case and maybe after she talks to you for a bit she does think you are an ok guy. But she is never going to go out with a customer, if she did she probably wouldn't be working there very long. Most of them are very nice girls working their way through college or something, but wake up, they are paid to be nice to you, it is part of their job.

In summary it is a nice place to eat, watch some sports, hang with your buds, and to have a short fantasy where a beautiful woman pays attention to you for a short bit.

yes, I am a cynical bastard.