Columbus,

I woke up early on Friday (early for me is about 3:50 pm), got in the vehicle and drove to Ohio. karma debt throwing a small shindig at her place, just four or five of us. I figured that for once in my life I might have had the money (I'm such a liar because I'm always broke, always bitching about it too, I hate money), and the time to make it down there, so I got in my wife’s shinny silver car and drove my lazy arse down to Ohio.

When I got there things were just warming up, and I was almost immediately drafted into the guitar hero army up in Elizabeth's room. Downstairs I already managed to miss this great conversation about bears; somebody has to explain that one to me at some point. So we drank, we ate amazing food, some of which the dogs later claimed for their own, we made merry, we slept (some of us anyway), and we laid down by the fire for a bit. I ended the night out by the fire with Greth, drinking the bottle of wine that karma debt gave me

Morning came early for me and I helped clean up while I picked karma debt's brain and had a nice little chat with her son about nightmares, as apparently he had one just before he came to see me. I find it very flattering that in his moment of fear and doubt he came to talk to me of all people, that’s a good feeling. Of course I was up and handy, long before anybody else, so that's probably it.

We (karma debt and I) took greth home and stopped for ice cream on the way back, we walked, talked we ate ice cream. We walked around Columbus’ north side city market taking in the sights, sounds, and most importantly the smells. Teas, meats, and all sort of people, people, and people. The midmorning sun caught in her eyes as we talked about a old client of her's rehiring her for some good paying work. Then she let me drive the Lexus back to her house, nice car, and a hell of a nice drive. Thanks for reminding me how much I love to drive.

We got back to the house; ccunning was out of the shower so out to the driveway we went for my first Motorcycle riding lesson. We got me dressed in the proper equipment, discussed controls, went over them several times and then I tried some duck walking. I graduated quickly from that to tolling around the very nice little neighborhood that they live in at about 10-15 mph just enjoying first and second gear >:-> (And hey I only stalled the bike out a couple of times)

After this it was time to begin the journey home, after much hemming and hawing and several minutes of avoidance behavior I finally let her help me get all packed up and get on my way. The drive home was more of an exercise in highway texting then actually driving. Proof like no other that there are at a few people in my life who don't seem to get tired of me too quick. So after the longest text conversation of my life the phone finally dies and I spend a hurried few moments preparing for my other trip this weekend.

Detroit

Piled my friends and myself into my buddy Matt’s car and proceeded to pick up Mr. mordel's sister and make our little drive to Detroit happen. So to D-Town we rode and when we got there we made our way to a lovely little brewery called Rochester Mills. Lovely place really, great food, nice pool tables, great beer, too bad I was too tired and tense to really enjoy it. I probably should have tried to sleep in a little longer or something, or maybe even take the opportunity on the car ride to Detroit to take a nap. I very rarely get the chance to talk to Emily these days and could hardly pass it up.

I ate the Szechuan Pasta and Chicken that I ordered. Had a very very nice red beer, and also some very tasty hard cider. I also learned on our way out that I needed to slow down because I was a speed demon, or was that somebody else? Anyhow, we went back the apartment and watched murderface play his bass guitar in his singular fashion. I sleep for a while only to wake to an angry text message from my wife wondering why I wasn't already home.

So my response was to steal my friends car and make a very annoyingly complicated drive home and put the wife and my son both back to bed. I cleaned, I washed laundry, I did dishes, and around noon I finally woke my wife up again and we spent some time together. I finished out my Sunday by heading off for work.

Thats all you get :-)

Hope you liked it!