I love Seattle!

I went to Seattle this weekend, and I love it! I have only been to Seattle on two other occasions, which were both about 8 years ago, and didn't get to see much of the city either time. This weekend my boyfriend (who used to live there) and I went there and had the best time. We went to the Seattle Art Museum, the Experience Music Project, Gasworks Park, Archie McPhee's, and other various cool places. It was a ton of fun. Of course, as a result, I'm very tired today since we got home a little later than expected.

I got the CD player I like set up on the Win95 box finally. It was a bitch to configure it around the proxy server. I still can't get Real player or Winamp to work, so I can't listen to any internet streaming audio that depends on those apps. I'm so glad that I can have music in my cube now, although it is turned down very low so I don't disturb the people around me.

I need to get some posters for my cube, or go through the ones I do have looking for something work appropriate. My walls are way too empty. Actually, I purchased some funky posters at Archie McPhee yesterday that I might bring in. They are 70's educational posters designed for little kids that say things like "Eat Good Food" and "Play Every Day". Once the year is over, I will tear up my kitchen calendar for pictures. I really like the pictures of castles in it.

I'm sad that I missed the E2 Portland tea, but that trip to Seattle had been planned for weeks and this was the only weekend we could go because of Alex's midterms that he had to write (he teaches college). Ah well... there will be more activities in the future that I should be able to attend. :)

Only 90 minutes of work left. Today has been an OK day. I really need to work on writing more nodes, so I think I will try to write a couple inbetween phone calls in the next 90 minutes.

Nodes That I Wrote Recently:
none

You should read the The Great Grand E2 Book Lotto node.

CD’s I’ve Listened To Today:
Garbage - Version 2.0
Fiona Apple - Tidal
Revolution magazine CD for November 2000
Portishead - Roseland NYC Live
Tracy Chapman - self titled
Revolution magazine CD for September 2000
R.E.M. - Eponymous
Liz Phair - Exile In Guyville

Today’s Horoscope on my Calendar (Aries) - Stay aboveboard in all your dealings as the Sun enters Scorpio. Secret maneuvers and underhanded plans are anathema. Study up on new tax laws, insurance rates, and mutual funds. Conduct a massive cleanup effort at home.