Tricky was a member of the Wild Bunch, a Bristol-based rap troupe that eventually metamorphosized into Massive Attack during the early '90s. Tricky provided pivotal raps on Massive Attack's groundbreaking 1992 album Blue Lines. The following year, he released his debut single, "Aftermath."

Tricky signed a contract with 4th & Broadway in 1994. The contract contained a clause which allowed him to release side-projects under different names, in addition to regular Tricky releases. "Ponderosa" and "Overcome" were released over the course of 1994; that same year, he made a cameo on Massive Attack's second album, Protection. Tricky's debut album, Maxinquaye, appeared in the spring of 1995. Not only did the album receive overwhelmingly positive reviews when it was released, but it entered in the UK charts at number two, despite the total lack of daytime radio airplay.

Tricky's official second album, Pre-Millennium Tension, was released in late 1996. Again, Tricky received positive reviews, though there were a few dissenting opinions.

In addition to his three releases of 1996, he remixed artists as diverse as Elvis Costello, Garbage, Yoko Ono and Bush. Tricky's next full-length solo effort, Angels with Dirty Faces, appeared in 1998.

Tricky, DJ Shadow, old Massive Attack, and Portishead go great together. See: music to have sex to. My favorites include Hell is Around the Corner, Black Steel, and Overcome. Apparently Tricky will release a new EP in June 2000, along with an autobiography.

info adapted from sonicnet.com, and me.