Well, I had a rather interesting experience this morning as I was sitting at the kitchen table having breakfast, I had just taken my morning meds. I am 35 at the time of this writing and it's something that had never happened to me before.

Have you ever taken a gulp of soda that was too big and it hurt as it's going down? Has that even actually ever made you dizzy? Well I did that this morning with my Diet Mountain Dew (The Breakfast Drink of ChampionsTM). There it was, too big of a gulp, pain in the throat like I was trying to pass a large rubber ball down, dizziness, and then I thought it was going to pass, I thought it was going to abate, so I went back to doing what I was doing and

I'm on the floor.

Panicked yelling from the wife and pain on my legs from hitting something was very rudely awakening me from a nap. A nap... on... the kitchen floor. Wait, what?

Yep, for the first time in my life, I fainted. Lost consciousness (in a non-sleep way). What my wife saw as she entered the kitchen was me reaching for my medicine organizing container (presumably to close the lid for this morning's division) and then suddenly falling out of the chair and onto the floor.

As you might expect at first I didn't know exactly what the fuck was going on. Before I even opened my eyes I was awake again, sort of, wondering... you know what, I'm not even sure I know what I was wondering. It's hard to put into words but I had that feeling that I was waking up from a nap, and that I had been dreaming, (there was even a song going through my head as I awoke, it might have been the same song that was going through my head before I passed out) and I was literally being rudely awakened by my wife's yelling and the table leg's insistence on hitting my legs. After a few seconds everything became clear and I said something like "Huh? What's... huh?? Umm, wait, I'm fine!"

I actually started laughing. I thought it was funny. My wife did NOT.

It took me about thirty seconds after getting up to remember what was the cause after struggling to figure out just what the fuck happened. When it came to me I said "Oh, it was the soda!" Apparently this thing about getting dizzy from too big of a drink of soda was something that had never happened to my wife so she didn't understand and thought it must be something to do with my diabetes. I've had to reassure her over and over it was just a freak thing from the soda, that I'm fine... well, fine as I usually am anyway.

Man that was weird.

There isn't much information on that online. Have any of you ever gotten dizzy or felt a pain in your throat/chest after taking too big of a gulp of soda?

Anyway. Time to get back to work. My JQuery and CSS is waiting!