How many times have you witnessed or heard a bird hitting a window? How many times in your life? Think about this one.

Got an answer?

Now, how many times have you see it happen twice in two days (one each day) at the same window?

Anybody?

Well, that's what has happened at my house. Yesterday while putting groceries away I just so happened to be looking at the dirty kitchen window and WHAM! a dark-colored bird smacked into it. I assumed it flew off and went back to what I was doing. But I looked outside my deck doors later and saw it lying there on the deck, on its back, twitching. We put gloves on, went out, checked it out, and put a dish of water out for it. It eventually lifted its head up. Eventually it began to move. It was still there this morning, but when I got home from work today it was not. It either flew off or got eaten.

But then, not more than five minutes after I was home WHAM! another bird smacked into the same window. This one flew off, though.

What are the odds of that, I ask you?? What are the odds??? Is it a sign of death as the superstition goes?

Well, whatever it is, it's kind of freaky. If there are any birds reading this, please, steer clear of my kitchen window. It's the small one in the back of my house above my deck. You'll be doing yourself a favor.