Almost any man (and some women) who has been married or involved in some type of long-term cohabitating relationship has had experience with one of these. A honeydo list is that list of things that your significant other (usually wife/girlfriend) has put together for you to do. The name obviously comes from "honey, do this...honey, do that..." etc. Oftentimes the author of the list will make one of these when said author is going to be out and about and leaving the significant other at home. "Do this while I'm gone, please."

Things that might potentially appear on a honeydo list:

  • Take out the garbage
  • Fix that loose doorknob (could potentially be any doorknob in and around the house)
  • Do some laundry
  • Fix that broken drawer
  • Rake the leaves
  • Shovel the snow off the driveway
  • Feed the pet dog/cat/fish/bird/hampster/python/tarantula/Richard Simmons
  • Mow the lawn
  • Tape that soap opera I watch, pause through commercials if you can
  • Do some dishes
  • Clean out all the ashtrays
  • Get rid of rancid leftovers in the fridge
  • Water the flowers
  • Return those DVDs/Videos (they're lying about that whole end of late fees thing!)
  • Fix the loose board on the floor in the den
  • Unclog the garbage disposal
  • Go get some milk, we're out
  • Pick up some bread, too, the low carb stuff please
  • Pick your dirty clothes off of the bedroom floor
  • Pick up the dry cleaning
  • Bury that body, it's starting to smell
  • Clean out and organize the junk drawer

I could go on and on, but you get the drift.

These lists aren't actually always written down, the listmaker might just rattle them off to you and hope you remember all of them. But if the list is written down, you can expect it to be planted on the refrigerator door, held up by a magnet of some sort...maybe that fading Mickey Mouse one you got in Disneyworld in '92, or that one your gas company or realtor sends you every once in a while.