I figured we might as well have a node with the correct band name here (at least according to their website...), see also Man or Astroman? and Man... or Astroman?

Man or Astro-man is a pretty cool surf/punk/electronica band composed of aliens who live among us disguised as college students. They are mainly an instrumental band, and a lot of times their music reminds me of a more punk influenced Dick Dale. Sometimes I think if you've heard one Man or Astro-man song, you've heard them all... But the live shows are a lot of fun, with the band wearing bright red jumpsuits and playing on a decked out bad sci-fi movie decorated stage, complete with a supercomputer named EEVIAC which controls their movements.

The band consists of (according to their website):

Who knows... A while back, the band cloned themselves and sent three groups on tour at the same time. It was pretty up in the air as to what band you would actually go see for a given show, but from what I heard they all pretty much sounded the same... Then the band came back controlled by a computer with two new members, the above mentioned Trace Reading and Blazar the Probe Handler. In reality, they have been with the band all along, but they were out of phase with reality. But this doesn't matter as they are simply slaves of the computer anyway.

What can I say, it's a pretty wacky band. But the music is decent, and the shows are a lot of fun, so although I might not suggest running out and buying a cd, definately try to hit one of their shows. And if you do, wear some hospital scrubs :)