Agnosticism is defined below. I consider myself to be a "Catholic"-turned-Agnostic, but why does someone become Agnostic? And not to sound discriminatory, but why are a lot of Agnostics intellectual people?

The answer to these questions lies in proof. If you need to see something to believe it, odds are you follow religion weakly, or choose none and follow Agnostic beliefs. The Bible, the Koran... most holy books for religion offer many answers, but without modern proof to uphold them. Where are God's miracles today? Why aren't blind Christians healed? Who knows?

The ever-popular theory of evolution also plays a major part in religious apathy. Charles Darwin came up with the theory of evolution by means of natural selection. Fossils can be traced back to the point where humans started differentiating from apes. How do creation myths come into play here? I guess you could say that the Creation in The Bible could be meant to be less literal than it is, but still, things don't seem to match up.

Another very good reason why I'm not afraid to act as an Agnostic is because what God is "supposed to be." If God is all-powerful and forgiving, what would he have against investigation and staying true to your convictions. As long as you live a moral life, I think the afterlife (or lack of) shouldn't be effected by choice of religion.

The theory of Athiesm is as unappealing as organized religion is, however. If proof is needed to believe, then shouldn't proof be needed to disbelieve? The point is, with Agnosticism, I feel happy knowing that whatever's out there, I'll accept it. I have no problem with organized religion, other than the fact that I don't prefer it. People need to live their own lives, and whatever makes you happy is great.