I look up out of the LIRR window in Oceanside, two stops away from my destination. Right outside, scratchittied into the wind shelter is FRANK -N- KATE in big letters. Weirder things have happened.

A momentary pause in Long Beach finds me on the boardwalk before heading over to the house. It's low tide, the rumbling rough waves I've grown accustomed to are non-existent, and the water is calmer than I've ever seen it in my life. I'm kinda disappointed actually, as I wanted to do perhaps yet another cleansing. It's soothing, though, in it's own way. Prevents me from getting riled up to begin with...Let it all go, the ocean tells me. Those are the very same words I've been whispering in others' ears when they've vented anger to me as of late. A week at the shop and everyone's opened up to me at least once. My role as the diplomat manifests yet again. Just gotta keep my nose out of the drama this time, though, there's bound to be some as a result of a not-so-minor flirtation with piercer chick. But that's mostly outside of the immediate shop family realm. Anyway, back to the ocean...

I wanted to pay attention to the tides like I never had before...you inspired that, of course, from the beach burn. Much to my amusement, though, they're breaking straight ahead! The only thing that's really unique about it is that they start rolling at opposite ends of the jetty, meeting in the middle for a dramatic disruptive break in the center. So, which way do I sleep this morning, then? :) I wish you were here so we could lay at opposite ends of the couch that awaits me, feet intertwined. Well, disruptive wasn't the word I was looking for, actually. In my mind floats ideas of symmetry and balance primarily. Damn, there goes the optimist again.

Kate's voice speaks to me from the sea. No comprehensible words, just a soothing sound...a hum of her voice in the distance. I wish she was here, too. For once, I'd really like to let her do the talking, and each word that passed between her lips would probably seem more dreamlike than this moment. But she'd be here, red hair waving free in the wind.

The sun has risen higher than the waning moon.
Sleep awaits me.

I hope to dream of you both.