back | days | front

Trepidation

I've just got back from a trip to the consultant about my leg. I broke my left leg some years back and had many operations to fit pins inside it. Now is the time for those pins to come out as they are causing irritation; my leg is healed pretty much completely so I should manage OK without them. The surgeon will also remove some bony calluses that have formed around the break site, causing pain, and will also clean up the scar on my leg.

I'm a little worried at the speed with which I agreed to have the operation; the doctor said that I would be OK without it. But I said that I wanted the op ASAP. The doctor looked at me with some brief skepticism, making me wonder if I was coming across as a hypochondriac type person...

So, Tuesday the 26th is the big day. I wonder how things will be this time? During my last round of operations I was pretty much dependent on my Mother to organise things and make sure that I was OK. That was before I gained my independence and bought a house; I should be able to cope more on my own this time around...

I'm not looking forward to telling my project leader about this; he never takes notice of other people's feelings. I can picture how he will take it: He will look at me as though at a child, with an exasperated expression on his face, he will then make sure I know how much of a hassle this will be to him and tell me that homeworking is out of the question. :-(

I only hope that BT installs ADSL at my house before the operation: I shall have to spend a lot of time recuperating at home and will be very bored.

Hmm, I'm quite scared of this...

Oh well, at least I get to brush up on my crutch-fu :-)

A little later...

Mild Worry

Of course this means that I shall have to tidy my house up, wash and iron clothes and generally make sure that if my Mother was to actually enter my house, she wouldn't be embarrassed...