This flash video originally appeared on weebls-stuff.com, at http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/21/ . It was created by J. Pickings on September 2, 2003. The counter on his website states that it has been viewed over 2,500,000 times. This doesn't even include hits on the plethora of mirrors that have appeared on the net. I know for a long period it was hosted on General Mayhem, and featured on their message boards. In short, it is an internet phenomenon, approaching the magnitude of All your base are belong to us.

The video is known to be slightly out-of-synch with the music, and, if left running for long enough, you will eventually hear chants of Mushroom! Mushroom! while a snake is slithering across your screen. This is seen as a bug by some, and as a feature by others.

The actual song acompanying the flash video repeats endlessly, and there is a regular pattern. I am noding this from memory, having spent many hours a few months ago viewing this video, but I might get the order or quantity of some parts mixed up. For purposes of clarity, I will consider one "loop" to be the period between one snake to the next.

For the first set of badgers in a loop, the word is repeated 12 times before leading into a Mushroom! Mushroom! After these first 2 mushrooms, we proceed into another series of badgers, however, the first word is actually "a", followed by 11 instances of badger. It therefore keeps the same rhythm while altering the badger count. We have 4 repetitions of the 11 badgers, each interspersed by 2 mushrooms, before we come to the snakes. Immediately after the 11th badger in this series, the singer chants "A snake a snake! Snake, a snake! Woah, it's a snake. It's a-" Where we start our loop over and go to the series of 12 badgers.

When you first start up the video, it begins on the 2nd or 3rd series of badgers, so the snake will appear earlier than in later iterations.

There is also a second version of this video, made by the same creator, featuring bleeding badgers dancing infront of a rotating disembodied head. This was done on October 30, 2003, and has been viewed about 700,000 times.

The 4th of December saw a third attempt at a badger's flash video, this time staring the cast of Lord of the Rings. I have yet to watch this video, but will report when it is done.


pylon says re badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM!: You may want to also add that it is available now, courtest (sic) of weebls-stuff at badgerbadgerbadger.com

wertperch corrected some of my horrible speeling (twice!), thanks!