-/+

I was up too late last night and up too early this morning
After waking up at 3:30 in the morning, I began to get a little cranky. I allowed some of the jackasses to get to me during a General Quarters drill, and then proceeded to send the shit from above flowing straight down to the guys I'm in charge of. Piss Poor Leadership, and I know better. I have a tendency to take out my frustrations on others when I can't take them out on the ones who are pissing me off. (They're usually either a higher rank or my bosses, so I can't really dig into them.) This tendency infuriates me. I feel like a bully, abusing those I should be shepherding. I like to think of myself as a guardian of the meek, not their oppressor.

Weakness. My great uncle wouldn't have tolerated it, nor my dad. Great Uncle, Sergeant Major, United States Marine Corps, Leonard Horan. Served in World War II, the Korean War, and Vietnam. He was the youngest Drill Instructor ever to serve at Parris Island. He gave me some advice just before I received my commission in the Navy: "Take care of your troops." Simple concept, but not always the easiest thing to do.

I'm not going to start into a big long dissertation on the concept of leadership and the military, but I reserve the right to do so at any time.
I even lost my temper in Chatterbox
I told a new newbie (unlike myself, hee hee), cloth, to STFU. I begged the EDB to eat the entire chatterbox, or at least me. I needed a nap.
To the great joy of all who interacted with me today...
I finally took a nap--slept for three hours. I now need to write a poem or letter to my wife for Mother's Day, and figure out what to do for my mom. I think I'll do that in the morning.
I finally wrote a story...
I really like the nodeshell world fiction project. It helped inspire to write an actual story with a beginning, middle, and end. Yes, I really finished it. In my quest to become an actual writer rather than just a dilettante, I have started and dropped a bunch of stories. the noise of worms is the first one I have finished. I'll admit it's not really very long or developed, but I'm still kind of proud of it. Heck, it's even getting some votes. Woo Hoo for me. Thanks saige and E2.