For Arthur, who could usually contrive to feel self-conscious if left alone for long enough with a Swiss cheese plant, the moment was one of sustained revelelation. He felt on the sudden like a cramped and zoo-born animal who wakes one morning to find the door to his cage hanging quietly open and the savanna stretching gray and pink to the distant rising sun, while all around new sounds are waking.

   He wondered what the new sounds were as he gazed at her openly wondering face and eyes that smiled with a shared surprise.

   He hadn't realized that life speaks with a voice to you, a voice that brings you answers to the questions you continually ask of it, had never consciously detected it or recognized its tones until it now said something it had never said to him before, which was "yes".
And later in the chapter:

   Arthur felt that if someone tapped him at that point he would have chimed, like the deep sustained rolling chime his gray fishbowl made when he flicked it with his thumbnail.

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, by Douglas Adams, Chapter 18

Okay, so perhaps I haven't been having that good of a week. But almost. The late nights (or early mornings?) on irc have been illuminating. The email exchange with the ex has been fabulous, sorta embedding in concrete the calm and understanding that started a month ago. The counseling session this afternoon with the 'rents wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be. A little more personal and less about my eventual career than I thought it would be. My mum got all sniffly, as was to be expected, when the ex came up. But I think they understand me a little better. Weird that it required someone other than us to bring it up and all out. That's just the type of people we are, I guess.

I apologize to those hoping for another angst-fest. I'll take that downvote now for being such a happy fool.
Okay, a coda to that saccarine little writeup: Later this night, I found I had been added to the list-o'-noders-whose-names-come-up-by-default-in-Everything User Search.

I'm so proud I could spit like a llama.