Humour aside, there is a way to get your loving animal to partake in pill-form or liquid medicine all by yourself.

The main reason why most people fail at giving pills & liquid medicine to their cat is because there are three things that must be accomplished with only two arms.
    Objectives:
  • You must hold the animal
  • You must open their mouths
  • You must get the pill into their mouth
How do you secure the animal without using your arms? You must sit on it. Get on your knees and sit on your heels. Make a nice space under you and in between your legs. The cat goes there. Kitty's tail goes between your legs. Kitty's head pokes up from between your thighs. Kitty can't go anywhere and you now have your arms free to do unspeakable evil.

Get a pill/dropper full of medicine. Now find your loving animal and give it some stroking and kissing. Sit on it. Kitty's face will stare up at you with questioning eyes.

"What do you think you're going to do to me?" asks the cat
"Medicine time!" you will reply in your loving, cheerful voice

Use your dominant hand to get the pill/liquid medicine to the back of their throat. Use your other hand to gently squeeze their mouth open or pry your fingers in between their teeth. It's very important to get it in the BACK of their throat and they swallow. If its too forward, kitty will just use her tongue to make the pill fly far away or splatter your dumb ass with the liquid medicine.

If you gave kitty a pill, they will most probably walk away until they forgive you for this trespass. If you gave kitty liquid medicine, they will pretend you gave them poison and make 'ugh that's yuckie' motions.

Congratulations, you have just given kitty some medicine!