At the end of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, it seemed as though the wizarding world would be split into three factions: those who followed Lord Voldemort; those who followed Cornelius Fudge, Minister of Magic; and those who followed Albus Dumbledore. Although Fudge and Dumbledore are both on the side against Lord Voldemort, they do not agree on how best to oppose him.

The upcoming fifth book, to be titled Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (title subject to change), is sure to be about the struggle between the evil Lord Voldemort and the forces of good. Since Dumbledore is already associated with phoenixes (his phoenix Fawkes has been a somewhat prominent character in the series), it is likely that the so-called "Order of the Phoenix" will be the name of those who have joined company with Dumbledore.

This also makes sense because Harry is obviously going to follow Dumbledore, so will thus be a member of the "Order of the Phoenix", and the core of Harry's wand is a feather from the tail of Fawkes-- the same core as Lord Voldemort's wand. As we saw especially at the end of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, these wands are very powerful and special, and the fact that the phoenix to provide the feathers for both wand cores is Fawkes, whose feathers are in no other wands, may be an important one in the battle to come.