This node was inspired by The Minister’s Penis by knifegirl.

A long time ago, I used to play rugby with the Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club. When we won, we'd usually celebrate by having a few drinks; when we lost, we'd usually console ourselves by having a few drinks. This arrangement was quite satisfactory because it was our habit to lose many more games than we won. However, if we experienced a particularly smashing victory (or more likely, an unusually crushing defeat) we would drink even more, and then...we would sing.

The song we sang most often was “I used to work in Chicago”. If my beer-addled brain can recall, the song went something like this:

    Chorus (all)
    I used to work in Chicago, in the old department store.
    I used to work in Chicago, I don’t work there anymore.

    A lady came in for a BLANK.
    (all) A BLANK from the store…(pause)
    A BLANK she wanted, BLANKED she got!
    (all) I don’t work there any more!

    repeat ad amusium
BLANK and BLANKED must be related by some heretofore-undiscovered perversion. Strictly speaking, the BLANK does not have to be available in a typical department store as long as it can be amusingly BLANKED. The more amusing it turns out to be the more slack you are allowed (FYI While not really a drinking game, if you get stuck or fail to amuse your compatriots you may be forced to drink as punishment).

Here let me give you an example:
    I used to work in Chicago, in the old department store.
    I used to work in Chicago, I don’t work there anymore.

    A lady came in for a hammer.
    A hammer from the store… (pause)
    A hammer she wanted, nailed she got!
    I don’t work there any more!

    Oh…I used to work in Chicago, in the old department store.
    I used to work in Chicago, I don't work there anymore!

    A lady came in for an egg.
    An egg from the store... (pause)
    An egg she wanted, laid she got!
    I don't work there any more!

    Oh…