Day 2 begins. It's now 4:15pm. I haven't really felt like writing about it today. I woke up again at 8:30am, and felt pretty much okay. My stomach was growling and I was hungry, but didn't feel sick.

I was very sleepy last night by 10:00pm. Unusually sleepy. I drank my herbal laxative tea around 10:30pm and went to bed after a little light reading. I woke up in the middle of the night with an urgent need for the toilet.

My morning salt wash of my intestines went easier than yesterday. Most of my bathroom time was done by 10:00am yesterday, but today it lasted past noon. I was fairly alert and energetic for most of the morning. This afternoon I have had a hunger headache aching right behind my third eye.

I have had 4 of the drink mixes today so far. I changed it up a bit and had limes instead of lemons. I find that it's easier to juice the lemons, but the limes taste better. I also went up to a little more than 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. This makes the drink more filling and easier to get down. I am definitely more hungry today. It has been seriously difficult for me not to raid the refrigerator when I was getting my limes out. A chocolate bar was staring me down. And leftover chili from Friday was calling my name. But I have resisted so far.

Some observations: I never realized just how much I enjoyed eating. The texture, the taste, the rituals of dining, and the companionship is quite wonderful. Even the plain peppermint tea I have been allowed tasted wonderful! It was soooooo good. I have been making mental notes of meals I want to have after the fast is over.

I feel like I have made it through the second day. Day 3 is supposed to be more difficult. We shall see.

begin previous next