8:10pm

Today a bunch of people got laid off from work, including one of my best friends, CR. It was not a good day. TC and I went out to do some running around and were at a chinese restaurant when we called back to work to ask what anyone else might want for lunch. JS told me that they just laid off the customer support department, including CR. That just hit us like a brick wall at a hundred miles per hour. We knew more layoffs were coming with the way the whole industry is going and all, but we would have never guessed it to be so soon, nor would we have guessed that CR would be part of it. He was the manager of the department.

We spent most of the day moping about. Our manager gave us some words of encouragement that since we are the core technical team, we are secure there. Some of us have decided that we aren't going to wait and see what happens though. I am going to probably put up my resume tonight.

I talked to Sara for a little while today on AIM. She had heard about CR's situation as well. We agreed that it would be good for us to do all we can to encourage him to go back to college and get a degree. So we need to do that. I think if CR goes back, I will probably have an easier time doing it myself.

After work, TC and I talked for a while in the parking lot. We drifted across several topics. We somehow got talking about the growing relationship between Sara and I. She was telling me that the signs are obviously there that Sara is attracted to me and that I should do something to help move the relationship along. TC told me about how Sara acts differently about me than everyone else and that we would make a cute couple. That made me feel awesome. TC is such a good friend. I thanked her for being there for me, but she just shrugs it off. She can't even imagine what she has done for me and how she makes me feel.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Sara though. I really don't want to do anything too bold because I want her to be in charge of how fast this relationship progresses. TC told me that because Sara is so timid, that we would naturally have to move slowly, but that I can't wait for her to make the moves because of her shyness. I don't know what to do, but I'm glad that an outside person sees signs of attraction between her and I, so I know that it's not just me being blinded by love.

So today was quite a roller coaster ride. Speaking of which, we tried to talk CR out of going to our Orlando trip next weekend to save money, but he insists on going and having a good time anyway. I wouldn't miss it for the world because Sara is going; I'd do anything to spend time with her. I actually spent some time today writing some notes about her and how she makes me feel. I don't know if or when I will share these notes with her.

Oh well, I'm going to get some food and go to the gym.