Chestnut thoroughbred filly, foaled in 1971, by Swoon's Sun-Miss Carmie by T.V. Lark.

Chris Evert was purchased at the Keenland Yearling Sale (Kentucky) in 1971 by clothing designer Carl Rosen for US$32,000. Rosen named the horse after the young tennis star, who was modeling a line of clothing for his company.

Chris Evert was the two-year-old filly champion in 1973. In 1974, she was the leading money winner in thoroughbred racing, an amazing accomplishment in sport dominated by male horses. In that same year, she won the New York Racing Association's Filly Triple Crown series (the Acorn Stakes, the Mother Goose Stakes, and the Coaching Club American Oaks).

Her racing career ended in 1975. She won 10 of her 15 lifetime starts, and was out of the money only once in her career. Her career earnings totaled nearly US$680,000.

After her retirement from racing, she stood as a broodmare, foaling a number of champion thoroughbreds. She spent the last ten years of her life at Three Chimney Farms in Midway, KY, where she was euthanized on January 11, 2001 at age 30, due to infirmities stemming from old age.

(Statistical data from the National Racing Museum and Hall of Fame. http://www.racingmuseum.org)