You know, gun nuts, there is one in every crowd.

It's the guy (or girl) who just can't ever seem to get enough projectile throwing weaponry.

Black powder, smokeless powder, hell maybe even caseless ammunition guns if he's a real gun afficionado.

It's a person who will scrounge up all brass in sight after a day at the range, even those he doesn't have guns for. The gun nut also has at the very least one loaded pistol, one loaded rifle, and one loaded shotgun, in arms reach at all times.

He also probably owns a crap load of ammunition he doesn't even have guns for, yet. Or guns which you no longer can find ammunition for.

Most often a kick ass survivalist too and whose thought loop involved when buying more guns and ammo isn't

"What and how much of it do I need?"

but more like

"How much more will I need should I be forced to hold my ground due to an assault or a raid?"

I personally know people who have stockpiles in excess of 10,000 rounds each per caliber of firearm they own.

The gun nut will also have a decent collection of firearms, both working and fubar. Will most definitely have enough to arm his own family or more likely enough to arm his entire block should red dawn come.

When it comes to watching movies, the gun nut can be intolerable to other people who just want to pay their $8 and enjoy whatever absolutely unrealistic crap Hollyweird chooses to screen. They will count and complain that the weapons being used have only X amount of round capacity if the scene shows that the actor has fired more than the gun could possible contain and they will notice all sorts of continuity errors in the script based on the gun the actor's have and their condition in the last scene. They will endlessly argue about what kind, make, and even caliber of the gun used on screen.

Some even go as far as to suggest that the guns used should be given names and put in the credits.

You want to instigate them? Just ask them what pistol was Samuel L. Jackson carrying in Pulp Fiction, then stand back, far back.


So you see, *I* am far from qualifying as a gun nut, even a weenie level gun nut. All I have is a .45 acp pop gun for carry, a .22 lr rifle for rats, a .22 bolt action that is not working at the moment, a 7.7 mm type 92 japanese heavy machine gun that is fubar and a couple of bows and arrows and a speargun. But go ahead call me one, I take it as a compliment.


Pingouin: So the police are now the expert consultants on who can have guns and what kind of guns they can have? Last time that happened, millions were exterminated.

Do you honestly believe that banning guns will result in the vanishing into oblivion of the term drive by shooting?

What's wrong with the AK-47? Is the FAL a better alternative? I bet your answer will be something along the lines of: It's a terrorist weapon.