Happy holidays, yo.

Christmas was great. There was only one bad thing about it this year – my brother and his IBS troubles. He was in a lot of pain, poor guy. It’s hard to enjoy the moment when the person you’ve been sharing it with every year since infancy is so ill he can do no more than curl up into a ball and wait for the prescription Zantac to kick in. I patiently ate English muffins while waiting for the pills to do their thing. Eventually everything was fine, though, and I was able to begin on my stocking now that Adam was feeling up to it.

Watching people open their presents is almost more fun than opening your own. Adam got one of those tech deck mini skateboard things, which he loves to pieces for some reason. He was as excited as a seven year old would have been. I got a ton of U of M paraphernalia, and quite a few Hello Kitty knickknacks. A brand new purple Mentadent toothbrush was the highlight of the morning. I love toothbrushes.

I made copies of every Prodigy cd I own for my dad, and printed out my own personal revised versions of the cover art to go along with them. He was pleased, and I was happy with his happiness. Now he will stop being polluted by Celine Dion every day on the way to work. I also bought him the nicest edition of Dune that was the be found at any bookstore, which he was content to stare at for several minutes. It’s his favorite book, although the copy he owns in held together with scotch tape older than I am.

I had purchased several Manchester beverage, double old fashioned, and juice glasses for my mother. The cooler glasses weren’t in stock at the time, but I expect them to arrive sometime next year. All the glasses we have now are as old as the afore mentioned scotch tape.

For my brother, I compiled a lovely cd of the most elite techno bass available to man. He was happy to have an excuse to sit in his car and listen to it get pumped through his sub woofers.

I received insane amounts of clothes, all of which I love. Usually my parents don’t have much luck picking out wearable items for me, but they did extremely well this year. Most of it was AéroPostale, the Gap, and various non-famous brands. My dad decided it would be funny to call AéroPostale Air-o-prostate. Now whenever I look at the name, that’s all I see.

I also got a kick ass portfolio for lugging around all my in-progress artwork, instead of just throwing it in my trunk and hoping nothing happened. I opened it up to inspect the inner dimensions, and was surprised to find it full of canvases, sketchbooks, dozens and dozens of tubes of acrylic paint, every size paintbrush imaginable. and every other art supply I could have wished for. I never would have been so extravagant with my own hobbies, but my parents indulge me so. I spent the morning trying to decide if I could bring myself to get paint all over such beautiful brushes.

Went over to my grandmother’s house around one o’clock. Adam had to stay home due to his tummy problems, and my dad didn’t want to leave him alone and sick on Christmas. Had a good time, ate a lot of red velvet Christmas cake, and listened to my cousin (Kelly) talk about her upcoming move to Brazil to become an English teacher. Her boyfriend is a tri-athlete d00d who does the Iron Man every year, and that’s his mother country. They’re gonna get married eventually, I think. My other cousin, Buffy, was showing her new boyfriend off to the family. She manages to have a new one every year, as well as a new kid. She’s still losing a lot of weight, and I’m still not used to seeing her with those breast implants. She and her former husband just got divorced after a rather messy fallout involving suing and money-grabbing. I was disgusted with the entire situation. Her entire existence is based on appearances.

Made the drive home from Muskegon down Lakeshore instead of the highway. I fell asleep while listening to Andrew Lloyd Webber’s wife singing in Italian. That makes for some interesting dreams.

Now I am here awaiting word from my Aaron. Maybe Pikachu is home.